Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Bodhi tree


There is so much to learn from the simple tree. That way all the trees are Bodhi trees. They give shade to one and all to the King as well to the beggar passing by. Never expects a word of gratitude. Does not discriminate as to the merit of the receiver. Is not judgmental at all. Children throw stones on the mango tree laden with fruits and in return it just sheds a few mangoes gladly in forgiveness. The woodcutter in his greed fells the sandal wood tree and it smilingly scents the axe which rings its death knell. Oh the Bodhi tree, I wish had a small pie of your forgiving nature. I wish I gave without discrimination. I wish I repay the mother earth which has given me in abundance the same way you do.



Please accept my prostrations.



Krishnamachari Santhanam.

2 comments:

  1. Los árboles son grandes maestros que nos regalan su sabiduría, gracias. SK.

    ReplyDelete