Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Jaya Guru Datta- Seventeenth Guru!!




King: Who is your seventeenth guru?

Dattatreya: A prostitute who knows that she doesn't love her customers, nor do they love her. Yet she waits for them and, when they come, enacts the drama of love. She isn't satisfied with the artificial love she gives and receives, nor with the payment she is given. I realized that all humans are like prostitutes and the world, like the customers, is enjoying us. The payment is always inadequate and we feel dissatisfied. Thus, I became determined not to live like a prostitute. Instead, I will live with dignity and self-respect, not expecting this world to give me either material or internal satisfaction, but to find it myself by going within.


Krishnamachari Santhanam.

No comments:

Post a Comment