Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hands that serve are holier than the lips that pray


I do not care if there is one God or many Gods, I only care if you feed a person when he is hungry and you belch when he feels full.

I do not care if you count the rosary 108 times or 1008 times, I do care how many tears you have wiped with your two little hands.

I do not care if you found my presence in the church or the temple, I do care if you found my anguish in the twisted lips of the beggar down the street.

I do not care if you decorated my temple with Gold,I do care if you bothered to cover the naked shivering man with the shawl decorating your body.

I do not care if you have read all the scriptures, I do care if you even follow one verse from those myraid scriptures.

I do not care to know how man languages you know, I do care if you have attempted to master the language of the heart.

I do not care for the millions you have saved, I do care for the few notes you had given away.

I do not care for the tons of flowers you had worshipped me with, but I do care for the barren trees you had planted for the wayfarer.

If ony you know what I really care about, the world would be a better place to live in.
Never too late,Live in the presence, start today.

Krishnamachari Santhanam.

4 comments:

  1. IT IS REAL POOJA OF GOD WHAT U HAVE WROTE
    OM SAI RAM****BABA ALWAYS SAID LIKE
    MAY SAI BLESS U

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well written.. u have been used as an instrument..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ys,Js, and shri Vohra Thank you.

    ReplyDelete