Thursday, April 29, 2010

Life


My daughter asked me How long does a butterfly live? I heard it is only a week? It made me think. Looked up at WIKI. It said depends on the species,might range from a week to a year perhaps. That set me thinking. How long does it stay at the caterpillar and larvae level? Such a bane our mind is,It started questioning the wisdom in spending so much time at a incubatory level to have a short span of life.

This set me thinking. My widom told me never question the creator's wisdom. The conditioning of academics made me do it anyway. My spiritual conditioning made me say Look at Adi Sankara and Swami Vivekananda,what they achieved in 30 plus years we could not even assimilate their wisdom in twice the number of years!

When there is an earnest quest, God sends his angels to aid.

I got this status from a dear friend on FB.

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." - Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator...

This made me think again. Flash.. and the angel started doin its work, did not stop with just giving me the status message. Another angel friend commented yes,true perhaps at physical level.

Bingo- the bulb flashed and wisdom dawned.At a spiritual level Life flows on meandering through crevices and gorges and hills and dales ceaselessly and the water takes countless shapes. Why does this Maya evelop us in a jiffy and we tend to think lifetime as a span of time in human terms. Amazing idocy! Anyhow good to be an idiot with a thirst for truth than a self-professed sage steeped in Idiocy.

Krishnamachari Santhanam

2 comments:

  1. Anyhow good to be an idiot with a thirst for truth than a self-professed sage steeped in Idiocy.

    ReplyDelete