Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Mixed Bag Of Cookies- Sixty years of tossing and turning!!



My Birthday Falling today on 31 January 2018 truly represents my life Pattern. Unique in all ways, truly a mixed Bag of cookies. Some Salty, Some Sweet, Some Bitter Chocolate, Some caramelized. But I truly cherish all those moments.

Today's Birthday falls on a full moon day and a Blue Moon at that , and followed by a Total Lunar Eclipse, for devout Hindus another auspicious day as it is Thai Poosam dedicated to Lord Muruga. You see the pattern, Auspiciousness blossoming to a full rare Blue Moon eclipsed by its shadowy counterpart only to be released to its fullness again. There goes my Life story. Extreme activity like Cycling 360 Kms to Bangalore at one time and sitting on hard flour for Five hours at a stretch at another. To strike the balance was the issue! This is where the Guru came in to rock the boat only to direct it the Right way.

Been fortunate to have a good family, Select Friends who are Friends till date! Inspite of my Vagaries of extremity at times. A Spiritual Guru who pointed out the right Source of Happiness at an Age when the Shimmering Tinsel world was trying to taunt me into its tentacle , and there He was standing like a Rock beside me.

So my Adolescent Age and Teenage and Middle Age was spent on the hard floors of Ashrams and temple hopping when my friends were Pub Hopping. When my Audit seniors would line up for New Cinema Release I would sneak in to Vivekannada Rock Memorial only to spend Three Nights consecutively secluded on the Rock.

True Finding is, Life has come a full cycle. The vanity of the austerities have fallen off, only to find that irrespective of what You think you are doing, God finds you! You do not contribute anything in Finding Him. It is His Grace alone which matters. I have childhood friends who were Atheists and who ridiculed me in my pursuits turning to hard core Spiritualists now. I know of Friends being Communists in College build Temples or Joined Ashrams.

So Past does not count, Future does not exist, It is the NOW which is ever present. Little wiser now, I take care of my present. Do what I want to do. Do not bother myself about absurd rigidities imposed by the Social Norms or get dictated by Religious doctrines. It is more like a Free format drive. Flow with the current Only dictated by the Conscience, nothing else. Life becomes much easier that way and more awareness of the present sets in.

The rush to accumulate Things is gone, it is more like releasing what I have. Less Luggage More comfort- a slogan I have seen on Railway coaches takes on a new twist and winks at me!
At the same time forced simplicity like Diogenes has lost its charm and I do not find using a Luxury item a Tax anymore. Everything has its time and Place. What is there now is gone the next moment. So attaching undue importance to people, place or things only creates misery.

Children have this habit, always comparing things. They can ask for hours question like If Tiger and Hippo fights who will win? If you answer next question will be ready If Superman and Spider man fights who will win? The list is endless. Now do not laugh!! As adults nothing much has changed. Only to be replaced with Who is Bigger? My God or your God? My Guru or Your Guru? So where is the progress? Zilch. I hope coming years will be productive in evolution and just patiently waiting for the next toss or turn!!

So here I am breaking my own promise of posting on Silence posting my Little mind's prattle.

See you at another time!

Krishnamachari Santhanam



No comments:

Post a Comment